Housing Information for Crew
Read for important information about housing during the ride.
For SMART Ride 11
Thursday November 13th
We recommend that you plan on staying in Miami on Thursday evening, Friday comes bright and early (for some your day starts as early as 4am for crew and 5:30am for riders). We will be loading many options for you to choose from and keep in mind that each option will give The SMART Ride 10% back!
Friday November 14th
On Friday after riding 100 miles we land at the beautiful Hawks Cay Resort in Duck Key. We have rented 2 bedroom Villas that sleep between 4 and 6 participants. You will have a chance to choose your roommate and instructions will be sent to each of you as we get closer to SMART Ride.
It will work something like this:
- You pick your roommate and can pick up to 4 additional participants to room with.
- If you don’t have anyone to room with we will assign you to a room with another participant.
- Please keep in mind that you will most likely be sharing a bed with another person you may or may not know. If you are uncomfortable with this you can bring a sleeping bag or opt for a limited number of hotel upgrades at Hawks Cay.
- Unlike other rides we do not camp out and you will have air conditioning, running water and a clean place to sleep.
- If you have a partner who is NOT registered on the ride and would like to be with you at Hawks Cay that may be possible based on the number of participants that register and the amount of housing we have available. We recommend that you consider upgrading to a private room in the hotel.
Saturday November 15th
Once we get to Key West we know you will want to stay, we have celebration parties that honor every rider and crew for what you have accomplished and the people you will ultimately help. Housing options in Key West will be listed below, we recommend staying at one of our suggested properties as each of these will offer a commission back to The SMART Ride. We hope you’ll spend a few beautiful nights in Key West and enjoy all that you have done to help those with HIV and AIDS.